Sunday, March 2, 2014

Invitation to PL and revamping my program

I haven't written since forever! So...what's new? Depresion is over! yay! and I'm even kind of manic, LOL; I love the feeling!

Now...what's new about training? No t much , unfortunately...My lifts haven't really improved, I'm stalled with bench since two months and with squats since summer...just the deadlift has gotten a tiny bit better. All this frustrates me a bit so I have decided to revamp my program. I'm going to do a minimalist training based on RPT ( reverse pyramid training) following the guide of Martin Berkhan and Andy Morgan. I want to change my diet too cause... i have a lot of fat to lose and summer is approaching quickly. I want to look good!

So my main goals will be:

-losing fat
- improving my lifts
-retain muscle ( ideally, build some more but that's pretty much impossible on a deficit)

I have been invited to a PL meeting in September, I'm really excited about it :) and I want to do a good job, I really have to work on my lifts. I'm hoping this new program helps...it's much less volume , I cut all the accessory work and reduced cardio so that I can recover faster. Maybe , tho I wasn't feeling tired, my lifts were not improving because of lack of recovery.

So my new plan:

Monday:
deadlifts (RPT)
chin-ups (5x5) cause I still don't manage weighted chin-ups
military press (RPT)

Tuesday:
Bodycombat

Wednesday:
Bench press (RPT)
Dips (RPT)
Push ups : 2x15

Thursday:
Bodycombat

Friday:
Squats (RPT)
Face-pulls

It's considerably less than what I was used to, so I hope I can up the weights.

Concerning diet: CUT: deficit, deficit, deficit is the key!
I'll be following IIFYM. I calculated and here`s the result:


It makes me a bit worried cause it is only 15% deficit.... but it should work. The problem with my diet until now was that it was not consistant at all. One day I could be on a deficit, like 1200 but then the next maybe 2000 calories, so at the end of the week I usually had a light surplus or stay at maintenance and I want to avoid that. This 1374 and macro partitioning seems reasonable and doable. For extra motivation I'll be posting everyday, that will help me keep accountable. 

I'm planning to stick to this training and meal plan for 6 weeks and see what happens.

Now I have to stay COMMITTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment